Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America s foremost property management firm. We re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what s right, improving residents quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the building/facility.
· Cuts grass, maintains lawn, trims around trees, walkways and markers.
· Clears debris and maintains drives and walkways in safe condition.
· May be required to assist in the loading and unloading of supplies, equipment and/or merchandise.
· Maintains, services, cleans and properly stores equipment.
· Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
· Must have experience using hand held tools such as weed cutter, push lawn mower, hedge trimmer, edger, leaf vacuum, blower and others.
· Previous experience preferred. Must comply with OSHA and EPA guidelines concerning storage and use of chemical substances.
Ability to lift 50 lbs following appropriate safety procedures;
Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time;
Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 3ft);
Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain);
Walk and climb stairs;
Handle, finger, grasp and feel objects and equipment;
Reach with hands and arms;
Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions;
Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Jobrino blog is written with jobseeker and employers in mind to enable them to realize their full potential. Jobrino blog is your one-stop destination to find new research about the workplace and the latest insights into the employment market.