Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America s foremost property management firm. We re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what s right, improving residents quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The Code Enforcement Officer will conduct regular inspections of the entire property/properties for the purpose of Enforcement of the Association’s Rules and Regulations and the Architectural/Landscaping Standards, to administrate the process of notifications for Violations, Fines and work directly with the Property Managers/Senior Managers or Hearing Committees (depending on the location), and its processes.
· Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Associations’ Rules and Regulations per property.
· Patrol the property/properties, clubhouse, athletic center, as well as all other operating facilities to ensure that all compliances are being met.
· Conduct daily inspections of lots and homes for the purpose of identifying violations of Rules and Regulations.
· Meet with direct Supervisor to discuss any changes of the schedule, adjustments, or new information and give report of daily progress.
· Inform all Property Managers the day before an inspection of their property, via phone or email, so that they may have the option to walk the property that day, during the inspection.
· Document violations; follow-up via violation process by recording and entering violations into the system and giving the hard copies to the Property Manager.
· Take photos of each violation on each property.
· Send Courtesy and Fine notices as required.
· Ensure copies of such notices are distributed and filed as required.
· Complete a follow-up inspection on approved requests, to ensure what was approved was completed.
· Complete and send daily and weekly violation reports to Property Manager.
· Provide reports and logs to Property Managers for inclusion in weekly highlights and monthly reports.
· Provide a weekly summary of properties inspected and number of violations to direct supervisor for the purpose of providing the information to the Senior Managers as well.
· Send Supervisor daily calendar listings of all properties and number of violations for the day. Calendar will be cumulative for the month and will be monitored when visits are being made.
· Be willing to accommodate our sister companies with Code Enforcement should it be requested.
· Take last month’s violation list to each property and see if that violation has been corrected or if it is now a potential 2nd or 3rd violation. (Which is also recorded the same).
· Provide five-star customer service at all times by attending to all calls and messages immediately.
· Follow safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
· Other duties as required.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
· Bachelor s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Background in Code Enforcement and/or Security a plus, but not required.
· Minimum 2 years experience in training and working knowledge of policies and standards.
· Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Computer literacy: Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
· Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing.
· The employee is required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends.
· Driving required.
· Ability to respond to emergencies I n a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Jobrino blog is written with jobseeker and employers in mind to enable them to realize their full potential. Jobrino blog is your one-stop destination to find new research about the workplace and the latest insights into the employment market.