Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Applications Analyst I
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Applications Analyst I participate in initiatives to implement and support information systems and applications in support of the School's research community.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develops subject expertise in key Research IT administrative applications and provides first level systems support to end users and stakeholders.
* Partners with application owner and technical leads to diagnose and troubleshoot reported problems. Escalates to and works with application software vendors as appropriate to drive issue resolution.
* Partner with project manager and vendors to plan and implement new software releases.
* Performs system testing of application fixes and new releases.
* Assists with requirements gathering for system enhancements.
* Keeps stakeholders, colleagues and management informed of issues regarding research IT applications.
* Trains end-users in using system-related applications.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Two or more years of systems development life cycle experience, with particular focus on troubleshooting, issue resolution and providing direct end user support.
* Strong technical background required.
* Experience using an IT support ticketing system.
* Understanding working with data.
* Technical knowledge about systems, infrastructure, networks is preferred
* Project management experience a plus, including the ability to work within tight project deadlines.
* Systems/software testing experience a plus.
* Prior experience in an academic or research environment is a plus.
* Ability to interface with a diverse community of end users and constituents.
* Ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies.
Skills & Abilities
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Excellent customer service and support skills.
* Self-motivated, able to multi-task and to excel in a fast-paced academic research environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Posted on : 2022-01-19T05:59:17Z
Talent is of no use without opportunity and what’s the use of such opportunities that are not accessible. Here at Jobrino, we believe that the most satisfying careers for professionals are the ones that fully embrace the value of their skills and experience.
Jobrino has helped match prospective candidates with employers from across the professional array. Employers turn to Jobrino to source the career-focused individuals they need to expand and inspire their workforce.