Requisition ID: 65266
Job Function/Category: Craftworkers
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy. Union Local
Performs advanced clerical work requiring the exercise of judgment and initiative as qualified through formalized and/or on the job training.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Complete, consolidate, or verify the work of others such as payrolls, general stores reports, reports of value of material carried in general stores, authorization completion reports, and Meter Group operation.
2. Compute costs, such as sundry sales, accident costs, interchange and auditors' charges, Telephone Company or other utility company billing.
3. Assign account numbers on various documents in accordance with the appropriate accounting guidelines.
4. Perform posting and clerical work, such as compilations and computations, prepare requisitions from material orders, and check purchase order information.
5. Maintain continuing property records and maintain and validate inventory levels.
6. Prepare scrap recommendations, issue credit tickets with line material tally sheet, and post and process time sheets.
7. Prepare and check work orders and material lists from sketches prepared by others.
8. Compile and record data on maps and records such as substation apparatus records, meter history records, and transformer records.
9. Prepare reports from information posted on summary sheets such as retirement reports, payroll analyses, reports of work for customers covered by blanket policies, watt hour meters on lines and in stock, watt hour meter performance, meters with billing constants, transformer reports, reports of poles replaced and construction transferred, street lamp reports, petty cash reports and summaries of fuel issues.
10. Perform other office duties including but not limited to: meter, wiring inspection and externally generated work and underground utility facility location functions.
11. Arrange, file and handle correspondence; compose correspondence for approvals, utilize computer applications such as word processing, spread sheets and graphic programs to prepare letters and charts from information gathered and/or provided.
12. Operate automated office equipment.
13. Duplicate engineering drawings on engineering copiers and plotting equipment.
14. Assist others by driving car or light truck, process mail, serve as messenger, and run errands.
15. Assist other employees in office work.
16. Perform other similar skilled work.
Must meet the Company's general requirements:
1. Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent and be able to operate automated office equipment, perform operations in arithmetic, such as add, subtract, multiply, divide, use decimals and fractions, and figure percentages.
2. Must pass the Company clerical proficiency and typing test.
3. Must have the ability to acquire a working knowledge of the information associated with the department or section to which assigned, and to perform the work in an acceptable manner.
4. Must have the ability to acquire a working knowledge of the application of corporate and departmental administrative and accounting procedures.
5. Must be patient, neat, clean, orderly, precise and able to exercise care in work performance.
6. Must possess a valid auto driver's license to operate motor vehicles in the State of New Jersey.
7. Must be able to learn to apply the approved methods of manual artificial respiration, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
High SchoolAs an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-###-####. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Apprentice, Engineer, Payroll, Compliance, Facilities, Entry Level, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Operations
Posted on : 2021-05-04T10:48:47Z
Talent is of no use without opportunity and what’s the use of such opportunities that are not accessible. Here at Jobrino, we believe that the most satisfying careers for professionals are the ones that fully embrace the value of their skills and experience.
Jobrino has helped match prospective candidates with employers from across the professional array. Employers turn to Jobrino to source the career-focused individuals they need to expand and inspire their workforce.