Job Requisition ID: 6549
Under the general supervision of the Manager POS Care Management, this position is responsible for working effectively with the Health Home Team (HHT) to provide high quality, effective care management to IEHP members. Care management is broadly defined, and can include outreach and engagement to members, engaging members in skilled therapeutic interactions to promote health behaviors, other behavioral health interventions within scope, coordination of care, resource linkages, working with other professionals and organizations in the community to ensure quality of care for members, seamless transitions of care, and facilitating the right care and the right time for the member. This position works collaboratively with members of their own team, members and families, and other professionals, in addition to working collaboratively with the designated health care organization (HCO) medical team. This position, like all positions within the Health Home Team, is expected to model behavioral health principles of relationship-based care, as well engage in promoting education and understanding of behavioral health and its importance in whole health, to those within IEHP and in the community.
Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Responsible for primarily working with a caseload of Members with behavioral health needs.
2. Responsible for utilizing brief behavioral health therapeutic interventions as necessary to improve the Member’s ability to manage their own health.
3. Provide formal and informal training and support for HHT members on behavioral health conditions, including treatments and evidence-base for treatment.
4. Responsible for assisting Members with care coordination needs, including, but not limited to, the following:
a Conduct comprehensive, holistic assessment according to the scope of clinician
b Assimilate assessment information into an individualized care plan (ICP)
c Communicate ICP with Member, approved family or caregiver and other Members of the care team
d Participate in inter/transdisciplinary care team meetings to share information, update and inform care plan
e Coordinate with internal and external health partners to support Member’s comprehensive care needs
f Participate and lead (as necessary) care transition plan responsibilities.
5. Model the highest ethical behavior in relationships with co-workers, supervisors, Members, Providers, and colleagues in the community.
6. Responsible for promoting a collaborative and effective working environment within the HHT by engaging in evidenced-based communication strategies (such as Motivational Interviewing) when discussing responsibility/sharing of tasks, effectively resolving conflicts as they arise, and collaborating on Member case discussions.
7. Provide formal and informal training and support for HHT members on behavioral health conditions, including treatments and evidence-base for treatment.
8. In conjunction with the HHT supervisor, the Behavioral Health Care Manager is responsible for providing consultation for the non-licensed members of the team when discussing tasks of a clinical nature.
9. Responsible for building and maintaining a positive working relationship with Providers, including, but not limited to, communication via in-person, over the phone, and through digital means such as email and fax.
10. Responsible for engaging with Members, both in-person and on the phone, in a manner that utilizes evidence-based approaches (such as Motivational Interviewing) that promotes collaboration between the Member and his or her medical/behavioral team, as well as to increase the Member’s sense of control over their whole health.
11. Model commitment to continuous quality improvement by engaging in quality improvement initiatives and projects, such as by identifying and addressing HEDIS gaps, and by identifying, developing, and testing new practices for improving the outcomes of the HHT.
12. Assists with the coordination of medical and behavioral health access issues with PCP offices, specialists, and ancillary services.
13. Ensures documentation is accurate and in compliance with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
14. Participates in Health Plan staff meetings, trainings, committee meetings, or other activities as needed or as directed by Leadership Team Members.
Minimum of (3) three years of experience performing or facilitating Behavioral Health services. Experience working successfully within a team, and experience in developing and maintaining effective relationships with both clients and coworkers is mandatory.
Minimum of (3) three years of experience performing or facilitating Behavioral Health services in a health clinic/psychiatric hospital medical facility, or health care clinic strongly preferred.
Experience in clinical services, both mental health and substance use preferred; Experience in motivational interviewing and/or other evidenced based communication strategies highly preferred.
Familiarity with Managed Care and discharge planning is preferred.
Masters in Social Work or a Marriage and Family Therapist Degree (MSW or MFT) from an accredited instituion and registered with the BBS obtaining hours for licensure required.
Masters in Social Work or a Marriage and Family Therapist Degree (MSW or MFT) from an accredited instituion and registered with the BBS obtaining hours for licensure required. Working towards LCSW or LMFT Preferred.
Drivers License Required
Yes, must have a valid California Driver's license and valid automobile insurance. Must qualify and maintain driving record to drive company vehicles based on IEHP insurance standards of no more than three (3) points.
Knowledgeable and skilled in evidenced based communication such as Motivational Interviewing, or similar empathy-based communication strategies. Understanding of and sensitivity to multi-cultural community. Deep understanding and knowledge of mental health and substance use conditions, including both acute and chronic management. Awareness of the impact of unmitigated bias and judgement on health; commitment to addressing both.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Highly skilled interpersonally, with excellent relationship skills. Highly skilled in interpersonal communication, including resolving conflict with co-workers. Must have skills to tolerate, manage and make effective use of a high level of ambiguity around new team models, new models of care, and new care management practices. Skillful in informally and formally sharing expertise.
Able to sufficiently engage members and providers on the phone, including developing effective relationships that are phone-based.
Must be able to work as a member of a highly autonomous team, executing job duties and making skillful decisions as an independent team.
Commitment to Team Culture
The IEHP Team environment requires a Team Member to participate in the IEHP Team Culture. A Team Member demonstrates support of the Culture by developing professional and effective working relationships that include elements of respect and cooperation with Team Members, Members and associates outside of our organization.
A valid California driver’s license, a reliable car, and valid automobile insurance are also required. IEHP will verify these requirements, as automobile travel within the Inland Empire required.
Minimal physical activity; may include standing and repetitive motion.
Starting Salary: $75,296.00 - $95,992.00
Pay rate will commensurate with experience
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 2,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2 million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and Make a Difference with us! IEHP offers a Competitive salary and a benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and retirement plan.
Inland Empire Health Plans
Posted on : 11 days ago
Talent is of no use without opportunity and what’s the use of such opportunities that are not accessible. Here at Jobrino, we believe that the most satisfying careers for professionals are the ones that fully embrace the value of their skills and experience.
Jobrino has helped match prospective candidates with employers from across the professional array. Employers turn to Jobrino to source the career-focused individuals they need to expand and inspire their workforce.