Do you enjoy working on a team that sees you as more than just a number? Does teamwork and driving results attract you? Are steady work schedules and work-life balance something you’ve been missing? If you answered yes to these questions, we may have just the role you are looking for!
The Collections Specialist is responsible for communicating with customers to collect on past due accounts.
What will I be doing?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor and manage assigned accounts.
- Contact business customers on past due accounts via phone or email in a fast paced, goal oriented environment. - Provide customer service regarding account and collection issues. Assist customers with account reconciliation questions and discrepancies as needed.
- Contact customer and resolve short payments/ remittance questions. Communicate closely with Cash applications team.
- Process customer refunds.
- Review and process account adjustments, credit memos and small balance write-offs.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Review and release and/or hold customer orders based on account status (credit limit, past due invoices, etc), Work with Sales Dept to ensure that accounts are managed efficiently.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with all other Depts (Sales, Billing, Shipping, Contracts).
- Must maintain collection percentages, AR over 60 days and bad debt levels as required by management. Must meet or exceed established goals.
- Work closely with Sales department to provide data as needed and ensure timely resolution of AR issues.
- Other duties deemed appropriate and assigned by management.
What s in it for me?
Airgas offers HMO health plans, 401K, and 2 weeks’ vacation as a new employee! Our employees can also take advantage of Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, sick time, Tuition Reimbursement and much more! If you are looking for a full-time permanent position, affordable healthcare, and career growth, we want to talk to you!
What skills and experience do I need?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 3 years of commercial collection/B2B experience
- An ability to see the credit operation as a financially oriented customer service function which balances cost control with support for the business.
- The successful candidate must have a strong “client service mindset and the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals.
- Good organizational and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills and a quality mindset.
- The ability to adapt to a rapidly-changing environment and understand/utilize new technologies and tools.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Who is Airgas?
Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country’s largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases. As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it s the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
collections: 1 year (Preferred)
call center: 1 year (Preferred)
3rd party: 1 year (Preferred)
billing: 1 year (Preferred)
Monday to Friday
Tue, 10 Dec 2019 18:23:22 GMT
This job posting is no longer available on Jobrino. Find similar jobs: on Job Search
The Jobrino blog is written with jobseeker and employers in mind to enable them to realize their full potential. Jobrino blog is your one-stop destination to find new research about the workplace and the latest insights into the employment market.