This position is to support our shipping and receiving department for a biohub company. The candidate is required to have knowledge handling specimens and lab supplies while taking proper procedures with a sense of urgency.
The successful candidate will excel at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position requires strong analytical skills, a comfort with facilitating cross-functional meetings to interface regularly with business representatives, as well as an ability to articulate strategies and solutions.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
· Operate Shipping/Receiving/Mail Services:
· Receive, pick up and deliver mail, packages and freight
· Sort and distribute incoming and interoffice parcels to the appropriate Okta employee / team
· Process outgoing shipments for all FedEx, U.S. Mail, DHL etc., including international
· Receive POs in Concur, Oracle or similar
· Chain of custody oversight
· Validate capability to deliver solutions by auditing current environments to include core process mapping, volumes, standards, metric collection, and customer assumption
· Work closely with Security to ensure package security processes are current and regularly tested as defined
· Work with Workplace Management to understand and often altered Shipping/Receiving/Mail Services business requirements
· Work in cross-functional teams to create Shipping/Receiving/Mail Services requirements and provide Shipping/Receiving/Mail Services expertise.
· Deliver on internal SLA’s and SOW’s to ensure services are consistent with requirements
· Develop and report efficient processes to achieve optimum standards; recommend process and technological enhancements to improve service and efficiencies
· Train new team members on the Shipping/Receiving/Mail Services
· Recommend and forecast savings opportunities for Shipping/Receiving/Mail Services such as labor, freight, packaging, technological enhancements, etc.
· Provide quarterly budget projections for Shipping/Receiving/Mail Services that are tied to business requirements
· Experience with logistics and shipping/receiving/mail services related services, export compliance, shipping and receiving logistics applications software and international shipping requirements
· Manages multiple projects and meet critical deadlines across multiple regions and times zones · Engage with Workplace Management on amenities, services and programs within Workplace to support and deliver, included but not limited to: ticket support, event support, office supply oversight, vendor assistance, etc.
2+ years experience in a Shipping/Receiving/Mail Services, logistics, or supply chain in a high tech environment
Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
Experience working with business applications and possess the ability to capitalize the reporting functions to facilitate business planning
Proficient with budget preparation and financial analysis of projects
Working knowledge of Shipping/Receiving/Mail Services planning and management
Excellent communication skills
Superb customer service skills
Ability to influence and collaborate internally and externally
Ability to lift 55 pounds and work eight hours per day including standing, walking, pushing carts through long corridors, climbing stairs and opening heavy doors throughout the facility, and occasionally helping to move furniture/large crates
Professional business demeanor
Solid business judgment
Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job
Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment
Requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials. 40%
Lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
Requires extensive use of hands (ability to reach over, bend and extend hands) 40%
Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, kneeling, etc. 80%
Work in varying temperature environments (internal and external parts of the building)
This Job is located in San Francisco.
Schedule time is Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM// Weekends OFF.
Call (650)625-1010,ext 184 text us at (650)447-4757 to schedule your interviews today.
Our corporate office is located at 411 Clyde Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043.
Remember to bring a friend!
Service by Medallion has competitive benefits packages. Flexible work schedules & safe work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Logistics: 2 years (Required)
Organizational Skills: 2 years (Required)
Specimen Handling: 2 years (Required)
Communications: 2 years (Required)
Time Management: 2 years (Required)
Laboratory: 2 years (Required)
Shipping: 2 years (Required)
Bio Hub: 2 years (Required)
Mail Room: 2 years (Required)
Receiving: 2 years (Required)
United States (Required)
Paid time off
This Job Is:
Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
Monday to Friday
8 hour shift
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 23:47:18 GMT
This job posting is no longer available on Jobrino. Find similar jobs: on Job Search
The Jobrino blog is written with jobseeker and employers in mind to enable them to realize their full potential. Jobrino blog is your one-stop destination to find new research about the workplace and the latest insights into the employment market.