Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Residency Program Coordinator ensures compliance with current guidelines of the American Medical Association (AMA), Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and applicable specialty boards. Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the department's residency and/or fellowship program for residents, fellows, and voluntary Attendings. Under the guidance of the Residency Program Director, ensures timely submission of completed House staff appointment applications to the medical center. The incumbent maintains rotation schedules and grand round appointments for staff, as well as maintains accurate records of current and past residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates Orientation Day for new house staff inclusive of revisions to the Residency Training Program Manual, Security and Human Resources clearance, subscription forms and society membership applications etc.
* Coordinates all aspects of the resident/fellow interview process including scheduling interview dates, corresponding with potential applicants, confirming meetings and appointments and ensuring applicant credentials are in compliance with current guidelines.
* Coordinates with House Staff Affairs and Human Resources to ensure completion of documents received from ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System) for appointment of house staff applicants. Follows up with applicants regarding missing credentials in order to expedite the processing of appointments, reappointments. Also monitors licensing requirements.
* Implements all required modules of the New Innovations residency management software, to include the management and reporting of data as well as user training for program faculty and residents/fellows. Is also responsible for collecting demographic information and updating the American Medical Association (AMA) tracking system and maintaining complete demographic information in New Innovations.
* Serves as resource for all house staff personnel. Notifies residents/fellows of orientation, rotation schedules, encompassing vacations, conferences and approved leaves of absence while ensuring compliance within current guidelines. Communicates conditions of house staff appointment to candidates at or before the time of interview. Assists in resolving problems and concerns. Assists International applicants with J1 and H1 VISA and submits required documents to ECFMG, NYS Education department, International Personnel in Human Resources and House Staff Affairs.
* Prepares resident/fellow schedules, which includes didactic lecture series, grand rounds and calendar of events. Corresponds with lecturers and coordinates lecture dates, topics and audiovisual needs.
* Provides administrative oversight for all residency and fellowship programs including, but not limited to, the following: handling inquiries, sorting correspondence, setting up folders, maintaining residency program files in accordance with records retention schedules, assisting in requests for verification of residency training, and maintaining calendar of applicant appointments and meetings.
* Ensures compliance with departmental policies and procedures and also ensures compliance with all residency/fellowship program requirements. This includes, but is not limited to submitting duty hour reports to the Compliance Office, collecting and tracking evaluations of the residents, faculty and program, and ensuring compliance regarding any house staff moonlighting or other professional activities outside the scope of the program.
* Arranges for resident/fellow participation in activities within and outside the program, such as Core Curriculum, Chief Residents Retreat, research days, Morchand Center Clinical Skills Examination, and House Staff Council Organizes rank order list meeting for the Resident Selection Committee and ensure accurate rank order list submission to the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP website).
* Maintains and monitors records of resident attendance for all required educational activities, including conferences and other didactic experiences. Maintains the residency curriculum, including competency-based goals and objectives for each assignment and each level of training. Creates and edits departmental residency training manual.
* Ensures current and complete data resident procedural experience, including those recorded in ACGME Case Logs and the New Innovations Procedure Logger module.
* Collects a summative, competency-based evaluation and a list of all rotations completed from the previous program of any resident who transfers into the program, including those who complete one year of preliminary training before entering an advanced residency program. Provides these materials to the new program for any resident who transfers out of Mount Sinai.
* Develops and maintains program letters of agreement for all required rotations at outside institutions.
* Prepares for Internal Reviews of the program as directed by the GME Office.
* Performs other related duties.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 3 years administrative experience in a medical and/or academic setting
* Certified as TAGME (Training Administrators of Graduate Medical Education) preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Posted on : 2022-01-19T06:04:42Z
Talent is of no use without opportunity and what’s the use of such opportunities that are not accessible. Here at Jobrino, we believe that the most satisfying careers for professionals are the ones that fully embrace the value of their skills and experience.
Jobrino has helped match prospective candidates with employers from across the professional array. Employers turn to Jobrino to source the career-focused individuals they need to expand and inspire their workforce.