*Primary Location: *3400 New Hyde Park Rd, North Hills, NY, USA
*Division: *Cox Automotive
*Job Level: *Individual Contributor
*Shift: *Day Job
*Requisition Number: *202101481
As an experienced Senior Scrum Master in our New Hyde Park, NY office, you will have the opportunity to be a part of an elite scrum team working in a collaborative environment. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams across the organization - moving impediments out of the way on your own teams and participating in Scrum adoption across the enterprise. You will also be leading the team to develop new products and services that will revolutionize how cars are purchased.
As part of an Agile/Scrum team, the Senior SCRUM Master has primary responsibility of facilitating the learning and growth of one or more Agile teams in developing a lean-Agile mindset, improving practices and guiding them to more predictable delivery. The Scrum Master plays a role in facilitating Agile ceremonies and planning of releases, removing impediments, providing guidance, and supporting Agile teams
* Act as servant-leader to an agile team; removing impediments and ensuring team productivity.
* Empower teams to self-organize.
* Lead by example, demonstrating and upholding scrum principles.
* Protect the team from outside interference, removing impediments, and ensuring that the work is delivered as a team.
* Organize and facilitate scrum ceremonies, ensuring usefulness and adherence to scrum practice.
* Ensure team delivering stories such that they meet the definition of done.
* Lead team retrospectives and ensure key learning is incorporated into next sprint.
* Coach team members to uphold scrum principles.
* Cultivate and environment of trust, good faith, empowerment and creativity.
* Facilitate discussions and conflict resolution.
* Track team delivery on commitments through the use of burn down charts and other visual methods.
* Produce and post sprint plans and otherwise act as an information radiator.
* Track team velocity to ensure accuracy of future planning.
* Work with the Product Owner to understand the business priorities and items to be groomed in upcoming sprints.
* Ensure Product Owner is informed if changes occur that impact delivery to the business.
* Work with other Scrum Masters to ensure alignment of priorities and that dependencies are delivered in the appropriate sprints to support other teams delivery commitments.
* Actively participate in activities related to agile adoption across the organization.
* Drive weekly backlog grooming sessions with the team, ensuring work items are estimated and ready-for-work per the Product Owners priorities.
* Provide input to and participate in Release Planning.
* Coordinate release planning with other Scrum teams throughout the organization.
* Lead Sprint Planning sessions ensuring the commitments made are appropriate and uphold scrum principles
* Bachelors Degree and 5 years experience OR 9 years relevant experience.
* Working experience in one or more of the following Agile methods or frameworks: Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), or Kanban
* Agile Practices - expert understanding of Scrum practices and related agile tools and techniques. Understanding of scaled Agile environments.
* Experience working in an iterative Development environment, utilizing Scrum practices.
* Must have technical background and good knowledge of end to end process of the SDLC.
* 5+ years of working experience as a Scrum Master
* Lean Mindset - ability to develop and champion curiosity, positive attitude, team success, bias for action and inspect and adapt in team.
* Assertiveness - able to achieve goals of the team by actively driving to resolution of issues, holding team accountable to their actions and commitments
* Servant-Leader - exhibits the servant-as-leader behaviors of coaching, service to the team, and empowerment of the team to come up with solutions to their problems.
* Self-motivated - capable of managing multiple priorities with little instruction or oversight.
* Collaboration - exhibits ability to work with and through others to achieve shared goals.
* Social - takes an interest in and exhibits socials skills to enhance team bonding.
* Communication skills - maintains frequent and effective communication within and across teams.
* Flexibility - ability to adapt to frequent changes within the scrum framework and principles.
* Organization - ability to organize meetings, reviews, retrospectives and other scrum ceremonies.
* Facilitation - ability to facilitate meetings, drawing out key concerns and issues to ensure the principle of continuous improvement.
* Tracking - ability to track team progress and velocity using various methods including charts, graphs, etc.
* High-energy - shows enthusiasm and displays energy to take on daily issues and bring them to conclusion on behalf of the team.
* Scrum Master certification or equivalent certified professional
* Working experience with SAFe Agile scaling framework
Who We Are
*About Cox Automotive*
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
*About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Posted on : 2021-05-08T21:28:12Z
Talent is of no use without opportunity and what’s the use of such opportunities that are not accessible. Here at Jobrino, we believe that the most satisfying careers for professionals are the ones that fully embrace the value of their skills and experience.
Jobrino has helped match prospective candidates with employers from across the professional array. Employers turn to Jobrino to source the career-focused individuals they need to expand and inspire their workforce.